BizBlog

Helpful Hints for Choosing a Tax Accountant

tax-accountant (2)

We all pay taxes and we could probably all benefit from some professional guidance when it comes to filing our tax returns. There are many different people out there who claim to be tax professionals, so you may not know how to find the right person for you. Here are some helpful hints for choosing a tax accountant.

Know Your Situation

People go to tax …Read More


7 Common Tax Mistakes That You Can Avoid

MPj03168680000[1]

There are some common tax mistakes that many people make when filing their returns. If you watch out for these mistakes, you can help to speed up the process and get your tax return more quickly. These are seven common tax mistakes that you can avoid.

  1.) Social Security Number One of the most common mistakes that people make on their tax return is …Read More


Will Your Small Business Fail?

failure-success-300x225

According to the U.S. Small Business Association, over 50% of small businesses fail in the first year and 95% fail within the first five years! And, according to Dun & Bradstreet, only 10% of these close involuntarily due to bankruptcy. The remaining 90% closed because the business was not successful, did not provide the desired level of income, or was just too weak to continue. …Read More


Is Your Business “Grown Up?”

business-plans

I remember when my kids were around pre-school age. They needed constant supervision and would throw temper tantrums, because that’s what 4-year-olds do. You need to constantly supervise them, and things can easily go wrong, typically without any warning. Running a business without systems in place is like raising a 4-year-old who never grows up.

  When you have established systems that detail how tasks should …Read More


How Much Is Your Time Worth?

Time

What could you do with an extra 5-10 hours in your week? That’s an extra 1-2 hours a day (Monday through Friday).

As a small business owner, it can be hard to delegate. Entrepreneurs are used to wearing all the hats- salesperson, marketing director, CEO, COO, CFO, HR, etc. However when you are at a point in your business where you’ve enjoyed remarkable growth and …Read More


Game plan for 4th Quarter…?

images 12

There are just a few weeks left in the 3rd Quarter. How are you doing? Did you have a plan? Are you going to chalk up a success? Did you take the summer off?

 

Ten, full working weeks available in the 4th Quarter. The holiday season is another point in the year when people find excuses for not producing results. What do you want …Read More


Friendly Passwords for Greater Security

tech-080812-005-617x416

Account passwords are critical to security of company and personal data and systems. However, often passwords are weak and not managed well. This creates a serious and needless risk. In this article, we will show some simple methods to manage passwords to delight employees and reduce risk.

These days many of us access several password protected applications at work and at home. This creates a …Read More


Tough Times Crown Cash Flow As King

Cash

Today we outline one of the main areas where business owners who want to both survive in today’s economic climate and emerge from it poised for growth (or sale) can focus their energies: quantifying cash flow.

As you consider ways to meet today’s economic challenges, a vital first step is to focus on company cash flow.

What do we mean by cash flow? The amount of cash …Read More


How Effective Is Your Sales Team?

statistics

This is a question that has plagued sales managers and company executives since the first salesperson was hired.  Given the cost of fielding a sales force today, finding an answer is more important than ever.

  To find an answer, we must first understand what is meant by “Sales Effectiveness”.  Wikipedia does a very good job of looking at this issue.

  Sales Effectiveness (Taken …Read More


Monitor your Marketing Approach to Increase Sales

marketing-services

Converting customers from prospective to paying is a multi-step process, one I call your “marketing funnel.” For every business, this will look different. Take the following examples of marketing funnels for two of my clients:

  The first sells a consumer good via their website. Their marketing funnel starts by doing media appearances on local television shows. In those appearances, they drive customers to their …Read More